Wednesday, August 29, 2012

UNREAL Candy - First Impressions

I recently got invited to the new Bzz Campaign for UNREAL candy.  I had never heard of UNREAL before.  I was excited to try it out, I mean, who doesn't want a healthier candy?   I don't eat candy very often, but when I do, I would love to have a slightly healthier option.  




"Corn syrup?  Out.  Partially hydrogenated oils?  Out.  GMOs?  Out.  Artificial colors, flavors, and preservatives?  Out. Reduced sugar by over 40% per serving on average?  Check. They also decided key ingredients needed to be responsibly sourced, supporting farming communities and preventing destruction of the rain forests. All ingredients needed to be non GMO.  Dairy needed to come from pasture raised cows with no antibiotics or added hormones.  Why?  Because it’s the right thing to do for people and the planet."

That was taken from the UNREAL website.  When I first checked it out, I was skeptical.  Usually candy that makes those kind of claims doesn't have the taste that most people expect from their candy.  

I ended up buying some of the UNREAL candy before I even got my BzzKit.  I was with my boyfriend and I went to Walgreens, they had them there and I bought a couple for us to try. I bought the UNREAL 41 (M&Ms) and UNREAL 8 (Snickers)  We split both and we both loved them.  I will post more extensive reviews of each of the 5 candies later on.  

I received my Bzzkit just the other day, it had a coupon for me to get a free UNREAL candy for myself and a bunch of BOGO coupons to share with friends.  I went to CVS and picked up one of each of the candies, and they had them on sale for $0.69 each!! If you're in the mood for some candy, or just at CVS I would recommend picking some up and trying them! 

Reviews of each candy are coming soon! :-)

~Mrs. Awesome

No comments:

Post a Comment